Monday 16 January 2017

Kashmiri teen actor Zaira Wasim pulled into online 'dangal' over meeting with Mehbooba Mufti

Dangal actror Zaira Wasim was forced to apologise after her pictures with Mehbooba Mufti went viral.
16-year-old Zaira made two Facebook posts explaining her position after she was trolled on Twitter.


 Kashmiri teenage girl Zaira Wasim, whose performance as young Geeta Phogat in biographical sports drama 'Dangal' earned her plaudits, was forced to apologise publicly after her pictures with Mehbooba Mufti went viral on social media, and the J&K CM described her as a "Kashmiri role model".
The 16-year-old from Srinagar, who was virulently trolled on Twitter, made two Facebook posts explaining her position on Monday, before deleting these as well. Trolls laid into her and the J&K CM for being "Indian agents".

I am being projected as a role model for Kashmiri Youth. I want to make it very clear that I do not want anyone to follow in my footsteps or even consider me as a role model. I'm not proud of what I'm doing and I want everyone, especially the Youth, to know that there are real role models out there whether they be in this time or history. To even consider me as a role model would be disgracing them and their disgrace would be our disgrace," she wrote.
Seeking forgiveness, Zaira wote, "I want to apologise to all those people who I've unintentionally hurt... especially considering that what had happened over the past six months."

Kashmiri teen actor Zaira Wasim pulled into online 'dangal' over meeting with Mehbooba Mufti

Wrestler Geeta Phogat jumped to Zaira's defence, telling TV channels, "She shouldn't be scared as the nation is with her... There's no need for Zaira to issue an apology. She has not done anything wrong. We have made the nation proud by winning medals. It is a proud moment for the citizens of the country. Zaira has worked hard to play my role."
National Conference chief Omar Abdullah supported her while taking a dig at Mehbooba. He tweeted: "A 16-year-old shouldn't be forced to apologise & that too allegedly for meeting @MehboobaMufti. What are we coming to

No comments:

Post a Comment